Thursday, October 16, 2008

The "Best"

As I have been going about my days since David lost his job I have had lots of thoughts of, and conversations with God. One of the first thoughts that came to mind is "God wants what is best for me". That is such a powerful and reassuring truth. During the week though, I have heard God teaching me more about this. He has been saying, "Yes Jane, I do want what is best for you. But your idea of best and my idea of best can be so different. You may think that your best involves security (finances, relationships....) in your life, but you need to think beyond that. Trust in Me Jane. There are many thousands of your brothers and sisters here on earth that love me but are struggling to survive. They have no earthly finances and they are surrounded by the death of family and friends. Jane, I do want your best, but trust me even if your life does not seem good or fulfilling by man's standards. The best I have for you is unexplainable. Just trust me, love me and love others." May I be able to truly trust Jesus. - Jane

1 comment:

Mrs. G said...

That's certainly the truth. God is a lot more concerned with our spiritual state than he is with our material or financial state. "With food and raiment be therefore content". That can be pretty scary if you're used to a lot.

Blessings,
Paris